About Me!

Hi and welcome to my blog. I've just caught the crafting bug again and am starting to create new things to share. I will post my creations here and hope that you enjoy them. Crafting is such a relaxing thing for me. I can just get lost in it and lose all track of time. Lucky for me I have 4 angels (my kids) that bring me right back to reality.I love to think of things for the holidays to share and love learning new things as well. Please feel free to leave comments and share your thoughts.

Thursday, May 9, 2013

Blinged Out Spiral Notebook

So today, I didn't have anything scheduled and had planned to be creative and craft all day long.  As luck would have it, I had a mental block (I usually do my best work when I'm under pressure or have a deadline) and couldn't think of anything to create.  I wasn't in the mood to bake, didn't feel like making any cards and didn't have any orders that needed my attention.

I have this great new craft area and I haven't had a chance to craft there yet because I've had other things to do.  Now, today, when all I have to do is play, I can't think of anything to work on.

I decided to try my hand at making a card using the 'Iris Folding" technique.  I took a class a couple months ago but haven't had a chance to put what I learned to the test.  I flipped through the pages of my book 460 Iris Folded Cards to Make and found a cute sailboat that I thought might be cute for a father's day card.

Once I finished that, I found my cheap spiral notebook that I have my orders, ideas and Ebay information in.  It was boring and not very fun to carry around.....until now that is.  I grabbed my notebook, papers, embellishments and adhesive and went to work.  I love the finsihed product and now when I need my notebook, I don't have to flip through them all  until I find mine.  I also don't have to worry about one of the kids grabbing mine by mistake.

My notebook has some pretty paper on the cover with my name, a place for notes and business cards, some cute flowers and bling. The best part is it didn't cost me much to make but my time.


My personalized notebook

Iris Folded Sailboat Card



No comments:

Post a Comment